Assistant Professor of Molecular/Cellular Biology – Western Kentucky University
Job Description: The WKU Department of Biology invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor in Molecular/Cellular Biology. Candidates for the Molecular/Cellular Biology position will investigate prokaryotic and/or eukaryotic cells in areas including, but not limited to, cellular signaling, cell-cell interactions, organelle biology, intracellular trafficking, bioinformatics, and/or gene expression, sharing their experience with mining genomic/transcriptomic data or other bioinformatic skills with our students.
The successful candidate will deliver high-quality instruction in both undergraduate and graduate courses, including courses in the Biology Department’s pre-health curriculum, based on the expertise of the candidate. Courses to be taught may include introductory biology, molecular/cellular biology for undergraduates and graduate students, bioinformatics, and upper-level courses in area of specialty. The position will require development of an active, biomedically-relevant, research program attractive to M.S. students and to undergraduates in our pre-health programs, as well as career and academic advisement of pre-health professions students. The KY INBRE program provides a network of support for biomedical researchers and educators within the Commonwealth of Kentucky and presents many opportunities for collaboration as well as competitive funding programs. Opportunities are also available to collaborate on clinical research projects with physicians, residents, and fellows of Med Center Health and the University of Kentucky College of Medicine – Bowling Green Campus.
- Completion of a Ph.D. in Biology or related discipline by time of application
- A record of publishing relevant research in peer-reviewed journals and of writing grant proposals
- Evidence of strong communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills
- Evidence of enthusiasm for teaching and working with undergraduate and graduate students
Review of applications will begin on September 12, 2022, although later applications may be considered at the discretion of the Search Committee until the position is filled. The following items must be submitted in pdf format through this electronic talent management system.
- Cover letter describing candidate’s interest in and qualifications for the position, and separate statements about (1) teaching interests, (2) research goals and objectives, and (3) experience with or dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All documents must be in pdf format.
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript from the Ph.D.-granting institution
Names and contact information of three reference providers will be collected during the application process. Reference letters will be requested by the Search Committee through an online process at a later date.
You will receive email confirmation once you have successfully completed the application process.
To apply for this job please visit wku.interviewexchange.com.