University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Postdoc Position in Hair Cell Mechanotransduction (Peng Lab)
A motivated, detail-oriented, and creative PhD scientist is sought for an NIH-funded research project focusing on the molecular mechanisms of hair cell mechanotransduction. To see more about research in the lab, please visit www.haircellphysiology.com. The position will primarily entail performing patch clamp electrophysiology, with some molecular biology work. This position reports directly to Dr. Anthony Peng in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics. The postdoctoral research fellow will be responsible for directing, performing, and analyzing research experiments. The start date of the position is flexible and follows the NRSA stipend levels.
• PhD in neurobiology or related field.
• Electrophysiology experience is not required but a strong desire to learn electrophysiology is required.
• Must be willing to work with small rodents.
Desired or preferred:
• Matlab and/or Python proficiency
• Quantitative background
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief statement describing your qualifications, motivations, and research interests to email@example.com and mention this ARO job ad.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org