Research Lab Supervisor – Boston Children’s Hospital
Job Posting Description: The Research Lab Supervisor supervises daily operations of a research laboratory and technical staff. This position will be responsible for overseeing three labs in the Department of Otolaryngology, all focused on developing innovative bench-to-bedside gene therapies for hearing loss and sensory disorders. Ideal candidate will have experience with supervising and training junior staff, cell and tissue culture, animal models, and molecular bio techniques.
- Supervises day‑to‑day operations of a research laboratory. Reviews and authorizes supply and equipment orders and monitors and records receipt. Oversees maintenance of facility equipment according to established protocols, requesting repair services as needed. Monitors and ensures compliance with hospital and governmental regulations regarding safety and the use and disposal of radioactive materials, chemicals and other hazardous materials. Supervises and oversees cleaning and distribution of facility glassware, supplies, and equipment as necessary.
- Supervises and monitors work of Research Technicians and works with them to ensure proper preparation and storage of all laboratory materials including chemicals and supplies. Provides input to hiring and performance evaluations.
- Supervises and oversees any required requisitioning of research animals and maintenance of related records and documentation. Reviews orders for research animals and monitors and verifies receipt. Updates and renews active research protocols and prepares and files new protocols in conformance with hospital, and regulatory agencies requirements.
- Monitors and maintains accuracy and completeness of databases. Proofreads and corrects data entry. Designs and performs ad‑hoc database searches in response to internal and external requests, providing statistics for research purposes.
- Coordinates collaborations with other laboratories. Acts as a liaison for the lab to other departments, outside vendors, funding agencies, industry and other external contacts.
- Stays abreast of regulations and implements changes in the lab to adhere to new Hospital and federal mandates.
- Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience OR Master of Science AND 4 yrs of relevant work experience.
- High level of organization and teamwork
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and week-end schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Apply Here: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6.JNhi-O_K
To apply for this job please visit www.applytracking.com.