Job Title: Scientist
Position Type: Full-time
Decibel Therapeutics is a hearing company focused on discovering and developing new medicines to protect, repair and restore hearing. By combining recent innovations in hearing science with leading diagnostic tools, biological insights, and therapeutic delivery techniques, Decibel is pioneering a comprehensive approach to define the underlying biological causes of these hearing disorders and is developing a pipeline of breakthrough drugs. We are passionate in our commitment to bring meaningful therapeutics to people with hearing disorders, to create a world in which the benefits and joys of hearing are available to all.
We are building the world’s leading team in hearing. Decibel is looking for extraordinary individuals to join our expanding group of energetic, enthusiastic, and inspired professionals.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a motivated scientist to join our ex vivo tissue culture team. The successful candidate will work on cutting-edge gene therapy programs. His/her work will contribute to multiple early-stage discovery efforts and create the bedrock of potential treatment programs.
• Plan and execute ex vivo tissue culture studies, including microdissection of the inner ear, tissue culture, immunohistochemistry staining, imaging, results analysis and data presentation
• Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, including accurate and detailed record keeping
• Function as a liaison between the ex vivo functional group and project teams to provide expert insights on study design, data interpretation, identifying next steps, and coordinating activities
• Explore new technique or technologies to improve on our current culture protocol and meet the needs for program teams (need help explain this better)
• Work will be done as part of a team, regularly collaborating on tasks and communicating results.
• PhD in biological sciences or related discipline with more than 5 years of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Show initiative and motivation to drive to results
• Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills with attention to details
• Independent and self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with surgery and/or microdissection
• In vitro skills such as primary cell culture, tissue culture and cell culture
Additional Desirable Experience
• Experience with inner ear biology preferred
• Experience in inner ear micro-dissection and tissue processing preferred
• Molecular biology skills such as qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, etc.
• Technical expertise in immunohistochemistry, histology, widefield and/or confocal microscopy, and image analysis
• Experience with CRO management a plus
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org