Scientist In-Vivo, Hearing Biology – Frequency Therapeutics
Frequency Therapeutics is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The Company’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue with the aim of developing disease modifying therapies. The Company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is designed to regenerate auditory hair cells to restore hearing function. FX-322 is being evaluated in multiple ongoing clinical studies in patients with sensorineural hearing loss. The Company also is evaluating additional diseases where its PCA approach could create functional tissue, including in a pre-clinical program in multiple sclerosis.
The position of in-vivo scientist is a laboratory-based appointment within the hearing biology group. The ideal candidate will have tremendous learning potential, including discussions and exposure to related disciplines, such formulating, pharmacokinetics, drug delivery, and others. Reporting to the Sr. Scientist II, and working together with a Senior research associate, the successful candidate will take part in contributing to the development of new generation formulations with enhanced cochlear pharmacokinetic properties, establish tolerability profiles in guinea pigs and mice for new molecules for regeneration, and contribute to the development of more efficient middle ear drug delivery to expand the Company’s clinical pipeline of small-molecule therapeutics. This position is pivotal to the successful development of in-vivo data to support the Company’s clinical studies of next generation pharmaceutical products.
- Performing in-vivo delivery in guinea pigs and mice of formulations via trans-tympanic injections or directly into the round window membrane.
- Recording Auditory Brainstem Responses, Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emissions, and Compound Action Potentials (ABRs, DPOAEs, and CAPs, respectively).
- Performing microsurgeries for in-vivo perilymph collection in guinea pigs in addition to intracardiac perfusions.
- Characterize new in-vivo animal models for Hair Cell regeneration.
- Maintaining surgical labs space in an organized manner
- Maintaining accurate and detailed guinea pig surgical–clinical record and keep accurate and detailed electronic experimental records.
- Communicating with and presenting data in a cross-functional team setting.
- BA/BS or Ph.D. in Physiology, Biology, Anatomy, or related field of study with 0 to 3 years of experience in auditory research.
- Previous experience with inner ear surgery and electrophysiology required
- Previous experience with in-vivo drug delivery and cochlear dissections a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in team-based environments.
- Detail oriented with the ability to accept and follow instruction, and execute stepwise work plans in a reproducible manner.
- Enthusiastic learner and experienced with basic chemistry to prepare solutions and samples.
- Flexibility, ability, and commitment to managing multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines and willing to take initiative in pursuit of individual, project, and team goals.
- Good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit https://www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.