ARO 2021 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The ARO Program Committee now welcomes the submission of proposals for Symposia, Workshops, and Young Investigator Symposia for the 2021 MidWinter Meeting. The submission deadline is May 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time. Symposia are organized as a series of oral presentations on a theme. Preference will be given to proposals that (i) strive for timely syntheses across or within existing disciplines; (ii) explore novel approaches that will expand research in new directions; (iii) include speakers who are first-time ARO speakers, women, and/or speakers from underrepresented minorities. Speakers from outside the usual ARO circle are encouraged insofar as they contribute a novel perspective. Proposals that bridge clinical and basic research are encouraged. Proposals on topics covered by other recent ARO Symposia or Workshops are discouraged (see recent ARO Program books).
Please note the following information regarding time allocations:
- All Symposia, Workshops, and Young-Investigator Symposia have a maximum duration of 2 hours. Individual presentations may be either 15 or 30 minutes. Combinations of 15/30 minute presentations are welcome.
- Symposia must include at least one 30-minute presentation. (This restriction does not apply to Young Investigator Symposia.) Otherwise, allocation of presentation times is at the discretion of the organizers. The allocation must be specified in the proposal.
- Workshops must be on topics of interest to a focused subgroup of ARO members. For example, they can focus on a particular technical innovation or on an important goal undertaken by an ARO committee.
- Symposia Submission Guidelines
- Workshop Submission Guidelines
- Young Investigators Submission Guidelines
All proposals must be submitted through the online submission system. Please click here to access the submission system. Proposals can be edited until the submission deadline of May 1, 2020. Notifications of accepted proposals will go out no later than mid-June. For step-by-step submission instructions, click here.
Organizers must provide the following critical pieces of information:
1. The Overall Submission title
2. Select a category that is applicable to your submission
3. Overall session description at a maximum of 300 words.
Each presenter must submit:
1. Individual abstract title
2. Abstract at a maximum of 100 words.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Executive Office at email@example.com.