Applications for ARO Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Awards:
Application period is September 1- October 1, 2020
The Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) announces that applications are being accepted September 1- October 1, 2020 for travel awards for post-doctoral fellows to attend the 2021 Virtual ARO MidWinter Meeting being held February 20-24, 2021. Awards of $50 each are being offered to waive registration fees associated with attendance of the MidWinter meeting. Eligible applications are scored by the Travel Awards Committee.
The purpose of the award is to encourage post-doctoral fellows to attend the Midwinter Meeting and become active in the ARO. The funds for the awards come from generous donations from various companies and institutions. The highest scoring applicant from the post-doctoral fellow categories will be awarded a Don Henderson Travel Award (Don Henderson Travel Award Fund) of $500.
The ARO is committed to inclusiveness, as such individuals with a disability (e.g. loss of hearing, vision, or mobility, as well as individuals with a psychiatric or learning disability) and individuals from groups historically under-represented in the biomedical sciences (e.g. African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan native, or Pacific Islander) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be current ARO members at the time of application and at the time of the MidWinter Meeting.
- Applicants must be application must be a postdoctoral fellow, and not a research-track, or tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Applicants must be the presenting author on an abstract submitted for the 2021 ARO Midwinter Meeting.
- Applicants must complete the electronic application form.
- Applicants must upload a cover letter stating why they wish to attend the MidWinter meeting and what they hope to achieve from their attendance (two-page limit).
- Applicants must upload a Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants do NOT require a letter of recommendation, however if more than one applicant comes from a group/program, the supervisor/director/chairman may be asked to prioritize applicants
Applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process by December 16, 2020. For more information, contact the ARO Executive Office.