The Department of Biomedical Sciences in the Creighton University School of Medicine invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Dr. Richard J. Bellucci Translational Hearing Center. Applicants should not have received prior R01-level funding (>$210,000 per year in direct costs) as a primary investigator. The Center is strengthening existing research in translational auditory and vestibular neurosciences by establishing new laboratories. Special consideration will be given to those utilizing various translational approaches to auditory diseases, including drug development, genomic predisposition, and/or etiologies of hearing loss, animal models, research audiology and clinical applications. Appointees will be expected to conduct a vigorous independent research program and participate in graduate and professional student teaching.
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Modern laboratory space, research equipment, and state of the art core facilities
- Generous start-up funding
- Numerous funding opportunities from university, government, and foundation sources
- Three years of protected research start up time with 100% salary support and 75% salary support thereafter
- A collaborative research model that spans the Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy Sciences and Allied Health Professions, as well as a Center with two primary research cores and affiliated faculty in three biomedical research institutions
Qualified applicants will have a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD degree, postdoctoral training, and demonstrated significant research accomplishment and scholarly promise. All applications must include:
- A current C.V.
- Brief summaries of the applicant’s research plans and teaching interests
- A personal statement on how the applicant’s research and teaching activities will advance the Graduate College’s mission to develop “leaders who have the wisdom, judgment, confidence, compassion, and faith to work for a more just world”
- The names and contact information for three referees who can provide a letter of recommendation at our request (at least one should be outside the applicant’s current institution)
All application materials must be submitted through the Creighton Careers website at https://creighton.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/assistant-professor-3260 or scan the code above. Applications will be screened immediately and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Creighton University is a located on 139 beautiful acres near downtown Omaha. The School of Medicine is one of nine schools and colleges at Creighton University including professional schools of Business, Law, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Health Professions, and the Graduate School. Founded in 1878, Creighton University is a Catholic, Jesuit institution with an enrollment of approximately 7,000 graduate, undergraduate and professional trainees that has earned the top spot in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s college ranking for Midwest Regional Universities for 15 consecutive years. In addition, research partnerships with neighboring Boys Town National Research Hospital and the University of Nebraska Medical Center provide ample collaborative opportunities.
Creighton University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educational institution and employer, and a Title IX University. Applications from diverse and underrepresented populations in STEMM fields are especially welcomed.
To apply for this job please visit creighton.referrals.selectminds.com.