The mission of the Association shall be to encourage and promote basic and clinical research in the broad fields of Otolaryngology, hearing and balance science, and related areas. To achieve these objectives, and to foster collegial assembly and stimulate scientific collaboration among its members, the Association shall encourage year-round scientific engagement through meetings and other activities.
Our vision is to pioneer inventive excellence in pure and applied science by nurturing researchers to perform the most rigorous and exciting science in the study of hearing and balance and related otolaryngological fields. We seek to use our collective knowledge to make fundamental discoveries and develop ground-breaking treatments that improve quality of life.
Our Core Values
- Science: We promote rigorous original basic science and clinical research that moves forward our understanding of hearing and balance sciences and related fields. We strive to provide a forum for dissemination and meaningful discussion of results.
- Diversity: We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment that removes barriers and respects diverse people, approaches, and ideas.
- Integrity: We maintain the highest ethical standards in the collection, sharing and dissemination of research and champion best practices in both basic and clinical experimentation.
- Collaboration: We believe in listening and evolving together by embracing the exchange of ideas through initiatives including, but not limited to, interdisciplinary research, education, mentorship, and professional networking.
- Education: We support and empower our community by providing multi-faceted educational and mentorship opportunities relevant to early career professionals and throughout the career-span.